How to Comply with the IRLP

Under the authority of the Regional Water Quality Control Board the Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program regulates farmland discharges to surface and ground waters of the state.

California Citrus Mutual is actively involved in the development of reporting requirements and procedures that provide assurances to the regulators that practices are protective of surface and ground water, while at the same time are practical and reasonable for growers to comply with.

Third-Party Coalitions

Growers who choose not to create their own waste discharge plan and deal directly with the Regional Water Quality Control Board may comply by joining a Third Party Coalition within the Kings, Kaweah, Tule and Kern watershed.

For more information, contact representatives from the groups below:

Buena Vista Coalition, Tim Ashlock (661)324-1101
Cawelo Water District, Dave Hampton (661) 393-6072
Kaweah Basin Water Quality Association, Donald Ikemiya (559) 302-1620
Kern River Watershed Coalition Authority, Nicole Bell (661) 616-6500
Kings River Water Quality Coalition, Rick Hoelzel(559) 476-0539
Tule Basin Water Quality Coalition, David DeGroot (559) 802-3052
Westside Water Quality Coalition, Greg Hammett (661) 762-7316