As we come into our new fiscal year, we want to make industry members aware of the opportunity to serve on one of our standing committees. We are seeking individuals who are ready to engage and provide feedback and insight on behalf of the industry. Our committees are structured as follows:
- The Marketing Committee meets monthly to discuss marketing activity such as crop conditions, harvest reports, pricing, trade, and other variables that may impact returns to the membership.
Government Relations and Political Action Committee
- The Government Relations Committee is responsible for reviewing legislative and regulatory policies at both the state and federal level.
- The CCM Political Action Committee (CCM PAC) oversees the financial activities and makes the political contribution recommendations of this separate organization.
- Both committees meet on a monthly basis.
Pest & Disease Task Force
- With the never-ending pest and disease pressures, and some of the most stringent environmental regulations in the country regarding pest management it is the job of the Pest & Disease Task Force to provide policy recommendations to the Board of Directors on regulations and issues pertaining to pest & disease.
- This task force meets quarterly.
Labor Task Force
- The Labor Task Force meets semi-annually to provide subject matter expertise for staff and the Board of Directors on issues regarding and surrounding labor within the citrus industry.
Water Task Force
- The Water Task Force is made up of water experts from the varying citrus growing regions and works to formulate strategic actions that benefit the collective needs of all citrus growers.
- The Water Task Force meets semi-annually.
If you are interested in serving on any of the above committees or task forces, please CLICK HERE and fill out the Committee Interest Form at the bottom of the page.
If you would like more information on any of the above committees/task forces, please reach out to CCM staff. Find staff contacts for each committee/task force here.
This article is property of California Citrus Mutual. Please seek permission before use.