The end of the year is quickly approaching and the time is ticking down to get your renewal in before late fees are incurred. To avoid late fees, individuals with last names and business names starting with letters A-L must meet the minimum requirements and mail their renewal application with payment to DPR with a postmark of no later of December 31, 2020 to avoid late fees.
Out of 13,600 renewal packets mailed to license holders in August and September 2020, only 7,400 (54%) have been returned to DPR for processing. We expect the remaining 46% of license renewals to come in during the last few weeks of December.
If you have not already submitted your renewal application, we strongly urge you to do so as soon as possible. Note that the turnaround time for getting your renewal processed may take 8 weeks or longer for those turning them in this late in the year. If you are not sure if your renewal has been received, please check with your financial institution to see if your payment has been processed.
Licensees may experience longer wait times than previous years to receive their license cards in the mail. As 2021 approaches, applicants are encouraged to view our website to see if their license or certificate has been renewed. You can view current license and certificate information here: https://www.cdpr.ca.gov/docs/license/currlic.htm.
Tips and Reminders!
DPR approved CE hours must be obtained during the valid period listed on your license card (where applicable). To determine the valid period, refer to the “Date of Issue” and “Valid Through” dates on your card. Any CE hours obtained after your license or certificate expires will not be valid and if you are short CE hours you will be required to retest as a new applicant.
Ensure your CE hours are correct and all hours are accounted for. To determine the amount of CE hours your license(s) requires you may review the Continuing Education Hours Chart on our web page: https://www.cdpr.ca.gov/docs/license/cerequire.pdf. If you are missing CE certificates or have questions about your CE hours contact the course sponsor of the course you attended. Contact information can be found on the approved course web page: https://www.cdpr.ca.gov/docs/license/cont_ed_cfm/classes.htm
Excess CE hours obtained in “Pesticide Laws and Regulations” can be used towards the “Other” CE category.
To avoid processing delays, please double check to ensure your application is correct. Your application must include the following:
- Signature and date
- Appropriate payment
- Proof of CE hours (if applicable)
For additional information or copies of the renewal form, please visit DPR’s Licensing and Certification Program web site: http://www.cdpr.ca.gov/docs/license/liccert.htm
DPR Licensing & Certification Program