Citrus growers are eligible to receive a CFAP Direct Payment for lemons, mandarins, oranges, and grapefruit. To receive a payment, you must submit your application and the required forms by September 11, 2020.
If at any point during the application process you need assistance, call the USDA CFAP Call Center at 877-508-8364 to speak directly with a USDA employee ready to offer assistance.
The following is a step-by-step guide for submitting your application.
1. Determine if you are eligible to apply for a payment
Learn more at https://www.cacitrusmutual.com/2020/08/06/cfap-direct-payment-information/.
2. Retrieve documentation from your packinghouse
While CFAP is a self-certification program, you must have documentation of your losses such as a letter from the packinghouse. USDA is conducting “spot check” audits. In the event your application is selected for a spot-check, you will be asked to provide this documentation.
3. Complete Application
Apply online or download a hard-copy application at https://www.farmers.gov/cfap/apply. You can download the manual application directly at https://www.farmers.gov/sites/default/files/documents/AD3114-CFAP-Application-06262020.pdf. Complete Section G: Specialty Crops
- Individuals can apply online by creating an eAuthentication account with USDA. Please note that it can take up to 4 days to complete the identification process to establish your account. Alternatively, you can manually complete you application and submit to your local Farm Service Agency Service Center.
- Members of a partnership or a corporation should apply by manually by submitting an application to their local Farm Service Agency Service Center. Note – Due to a software glitch, the USDA online system will not allow members of a partnership or corporation to submit an application electronically.
4. Contact your local FSA Office
If you intend to submit your application in-person at your local FSA Service Center, you must call ahead to schedule a telephone appointment. You can find the contact information for your local Service Center https://www.farmers.gov/cfap/apply (scroll to the bottom of the page).
If you intend to apply online, we highly recommend that you contact the CFAP Call Center at 877-508-8364 to ensure you application is completed correctly prior to submitting it.
5. Complete Required Forms
The required forms are linked below. They can also be found online at: https://www.farmers.gov/cfap/apply.
- If you have a question regarding any of these forms, contact the CFAP Call Center at 877-508-8364 to speak directly with a USDA employee ready to offer assistance.
- Forms can be submitted up to 60 days after your application is filed.
- CCC-901 – Identifies members of a farm or ranch that is a legal entity. Member Information will be completed by legal entities and joint operations to collect the following:
- member names, addresses, and Tax Identification Numbers
- citizenship status
- CCC-941 – Reports your average adjusted gross income for programs where income restrictions apply. Forms CCC-941 and CCC-942 (if applicable) used for certifying average AGI and Farm AGI are required to be filed by an applicant who is an individual or a legal entity (including all members, stockholders, or partners at or above the fourth level of ownership in the business structure).
- AD-1026 – Ensures compliance with highly erodible land conservation and wetland conservation.
- AD-2047 – Provides basic customer contact information.
- SF-3881 – Collects your banking information to allow USDA to make payments to you via direct deposit.
Articles are property of CCM; please seek permission from CCM for the use of articles.