The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan Forgiveness Application and detailed application instructions are now available on the U.S. Treasury’s website.
The form and instructions include several measures to simplify the process for borrowers, including:
- Options for borrowers to calculate payroll costs using an “alternative payroll covered period” that aligns with borrowers’ regular payroll cycles
- Flexibility to include eligible payroll and non-payroll expenses paid or incurred during the eight-week period after receiving their PPP loan
- Step-by-step instructions on how to perform the calculations required by the CARES Act to confirm eligibility for loan forgiveness
- Borrower-friendly implementation of statutory exemptions from loan forgiveness reduction based on rehiring by June 30
- Addition of a new exemption from the loan forgiveness reduction for borrowers who have made a good-faith, written offer to rehire workers that were declined
Click here to view the application and instructions.
SBA will also soon issue regulations and guidance to further assist borrowers as they complete their applications.